Here are some considerations for that first step in your Do-It-Yourself (DIY) project. For step-by-step information and DIY kits, come by our shop and speak with a staff member.
The basic objective is knowing as much as possible about your future project and its applications so that our talented Pavingstone Supply staff can help as thoroughly as possible. Knowing more helps you, and us, eliminate surprises.
For the area you plan to work on, get a clear idea of:
- The shape
- The elevations (highs and lows) of the site; and if a wall, the varying heights.
- The actual size, measured and noted in square feet with lineal feet for borders or cap stones. Take note if you think you need stairs.
- It is helpful to have a basic line drawing of the project area showing it in plan view (from above) with dimensions and elevations shown on the drawing. Calculate wall, paver, and stone projects in terms of total square feet per the areas in mind. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, simple does just fine!
- It can also help to have photos of the project area from different angles and points of view.
Develop your vision for the project. That means thinking about such elements as …Shapes …Colors …Materials …Appearance …Functionality …Feeling …Budget
Ready to proceed? Plan a visit Pavingstone Supply as soon as possible. You may even want to call first to talk with a staff member at 206-783-2811, or you can click on the Contact link below.
HOW IT WORKS
The idea is to help you achieve a beautiful and lasting hardscape in your vision. But maybe you’ve never done this kind of thing before. Even the most experienced Do-It-Yourselfers haven’t. At Pavingstone Supply we try and simplify the process:
Five Steps To Pavingstone Satisfaction:
1. Grab hold of your dream.
Determine the shape, location and dimensions of the area you plan to work on. Make a simple drawing with dimensions and take some photos. Think about what you want to achieve in function and appearance. Determine elevations if possible and calculate all values in square footage. Think about drainage, if necessary.
2. Share your dream with us.
Visit Pavingstone Supply (click on the map at the right). We can help with style, size, color, & budget with you. You can now tell us how much of everything is needed. We tell you how and when it might be available. Our talented staff works with you to suggest products, colors, patterns, etc. All with the convenience of one-stop shopping!
3. Get scheduled on the delivery board.
Decide what you like and place the order. We’ll put together a schedule plan for your application kit, specifying delivery and payment so everything arrives when you need it.
4. Your kit is delivered.
The kit’s the thing that makes the difference. It’s your complete DIY collection of materials, guidance from our staff, and optional rental equipment needed for your unique project. With all this, you can do the basic work-area preparation and installation to make your dream a reality.
5. Cut, finish & enjoy.
Complete your application with other Pavingstone (rental) equipment and supplies as needed. Then sit back and enjoy your new hardscape. Maybe even have a party-let your friends and relatives share in your success.